HEALTH & SAFETY INFORMATION
Fee for Intervention
If you are breaking health & safety laws, HSE may recover its costs from you by charging a fee for the time and effort it spends on helping you to put the matter right, investigating and taking enforcement action. More information is available at www.hse.gov/fee-for-intervention/index.htm
Working at Heights Regulations
Duty holders must ensure:
- All work at height is properly planned and organised.
- Those involved in work at height are competent.
- The risks from work at height are assessed and appropriate work equipment is selected and used.
- The risks from fragile surfaces are properly controlled.
- Equipment for work at height is properly inspected and maintained.
More information available from www.hse.gov.uk/falls
Posters available to give first aiders extra help in an emergency. One for Basic Advice on First Aid at Work, the other for Electric Shock: First Aid Procedures. Available from www.hsebooks.co.uk or telephone 01787 881165.
Guidelines for First Aid cover:
1 - 5 employees - at least 1 Appointed Person (1 day course)
5 - 50 employees - at least 1 First Aider (3 day course)
Do you have a Fire Action Plan? Do you have Fire Risk Assessments carried out? Do you have a nominated competent person - trained as a Fire Marshal? Courses available, please email or call for more information and to book places.
Forklift Truck Refresher - 1 day
Do your forklift truck drivers need a refresher? It is recommended for anyone who was trained 4 or more years ago, or anyone who may have had a near miss or accident.